My Name is Irfan Alam, I have 14+ Years of experience in Information Technology, I worked for 2 to 3 Companies in my career and consulted to lots of IT resources and nontechnical resources.
Currently: AVP – Manager IT Infrastructure & Support
Responsible for Head Office and Co-Located Infrastructure on Virtual Environment, with Microsoft Windows 2012/2016 and Linux platform, in-house Active Directory, MS Exchange server 2016 with DAG, Mcafee EPO, Veritas Backup Exec 2016, vCenter 6.7 – VMWare, EFA Project, Fortigate Firewall in HA, TrueConf Video Solution, Avaya equipment and Servers, All Core Application Servers IBM and DELL Servers
- Proactively and effectively managed day-to-day IT support requests and resolution workflow for technical operations issues.
- Coordinated and supervised ongoing technical operations and IT support initiatives for firm applications implementation projects.
- Executed migration, upgrade and deployment of Virtual Environment and Microsoft Server OS and Microsoft Exchange Server and coordinated initial end-user training.
- Troubleshooting network & systems and recommended improvements to infrastructure.
- Promoted ITIL-based policies and procedures that addressed incident, problem and change management, coordination with Internal and external Auditors.
- Products Licensing, Planning, Sizing and Procurement of Hardware, Managed IT operations and infrastructure budgets and assets. Responsible for contracts, vendor negotiations, and bid proposals.
- Established security policies and procedures that encompassed redesign of the network infrastructure.
- Increased production system’s uptime by relocating equipment to Co-Located Data Center and upgrading to New Hardware, New Virtual Platform and Network switches and firewalls.
- Developed and designed IT Infrastructure and Support Team to align with business needs and future growth.
Fortinet Firewall and Analyzers
Avaya Telephonic System
Hardware Troubleshooting (especially IBM, DELL and HP Servers and SAN)