1. Power BI Desktop includes extensive query, modeling, and report creation capabilities that enable you to create data models, generate reports, and share your work via the Power BI service. Power BI Desktop is available for download for free.
- To download the most recent version of Power BI Desktop, navigate to the Power BI service’s upper right corner and select Power BI Desktop.
2. Additionally, you can get the most recent version of Power BI Desktop from the following link:
- Download Power BI Desktop (both 32- and 64-bit versions).
Whichever method you use to download Power BI Desktop, you will be required to launch the installation file:
3. Power BI Desktop is installed as a desktop program and runs on your computer’s operating system.
4- When you run Power BI Desktop, you are greeted by a Welcome screen
From there, you can begin developing data models and reports, which you can then publish via the Power BI service. Visit the Additional information links at the end of this article to access guides that can assist you in getting started with Power BI Desktop
5. Minimum standards
The following table summarizes the prerequisites for running Power BI Desktop:
- .NET 4.5
- Internet Explorer 9
- later Windows 7 / Windows Server 2008 R2 or later
- Memory (RAM): A minimum of 1 GB is suggested, while 1.5 GB or more is preferable.
- A minimum resolution of 1440900 or 1600900 (16:9) is suggested. Lower resolutions such as 1024 768 or 1280 800 are not advised, as certain controls (such as exiting the startup screen) do not appear properly at those lower levels.
- CPU: A processor running at 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster in the x86 or x64 bit architecture is recommended.